Each individual is unique, with their unique way of learning. Study Skills, appropriate for each learner’s unique way of learning, is offered in a one-on-one basis or in groups during weekend workshops.
Who is it for?
Study methods are offered for learners at the end of Gr. 3 (promoting to Gr 4), Senior Primary learners (Gr 4 – 7), Secondary School learners (Gr 8 – 12) and all post matric learners. Learners doing a study skills course often have the following concerns:
- I’m promoting to Gr 4 next year, have never been exposed to formal examinations before and need to know the correct way to study right from the beginning.
- I spend a lot of time behind the books, but my results don’t show it
- Soon I will start my post matric studies and I’m not sure if I will be able to process the masses of information
- Parents: “I don’t know how to help my child study effectively”
What content is covered in a Study Skills course?
Our specialized Study Skills course covers the following content on a one-on-one basis or during a week-end group workshop:
- How am I unique – My Brain Profile
- Brain Integration Techniques
- Stress Management Techniques
- Study Skills:
- Note Taking
- Key word Recognition
- Memorizing Techniques
- Approach towards reading
- Listening Skills
- Logical Thinking
- Brain Based Diet
- Examination Techniques
- General Approach towards learning
A Learning Receptiveness Profile (Brain Profile) is always done prior to a Study Skills Course to determine the learner’s unique learning preferences after which a week-end group workshop / course follows.
We also offer study skills on a one-on-one basis, depending on the specific needs of the learner.
Both workshops and one-on-one sessions are highly inter-active and practical with enough “in-class” exercises to ensure confidence in each topic.
Parents are welcome to attend the course with their child free of charge.
- Improved Memory Techniques
- Appropriate personalized Study Skills
- Better concentration
- A Brain Based Lifestyle to compliment learning
- Less study time with better results
- Life-long skills and techniques